Friday 15 June 2012

Fashion Photography Holiday in Malta

Hi,

hope all are well. Been a while since my last blog now.
So whats been happening since? Well, About 1 1/2 weeks ago I went to Malta to work alongside photographer Julian Knight on the Fashion Photography Holiday Workshop.
After no sleep I met up with 2 of the models 3:30AM in rainy London to head to the airport where we met our amazing makeup artist Roseanna Velin (her blog) After a 3 hour flight we arrived in the sun. Weather was great, blue skys, fresh air and around 25 degrees. From the airport we then headed over to the port to get the 25min ferry to the island of Gozo. On the ferry I realised how much I missed the blue ocean.
Once arrived on Gozo we went to the house, nice big house, amazing views and a pool (you can see some images on Julian's page as well as on my facebook).
First day was just relaxing. On Friday morning we then started with day 1 out of 6 of the workshop.
Roseanna did amazing makeup for Jackie, Laura and Alycia and we started shooting. During the 6 days we did various fashion shots around the house as well as on the rocks next to the sea.
It was great to set up lighting for various shoots to get the best out of the shots as well as creating a bit of a set around the locations such as the gas bottles on one shoot or getting all together for the pool shoot.

After the shoots it was looking through the images and all came with great results even Kate, a fashion designer who never shot before herself had some amazing shots. On 2 days we used some of her dresses for the shoots.


Just before the workshop ended Roseanna and myself then got asked if we wanted to stay till the next workshop and work again on the next one. Couldn't resist the idea of another 3 weeks of sun.
The next workshop is coming closer and am already looking forward to some more amzing shoots. If you want some great locations combined with great models and makeup and  get new images for your portfolio vist the webpage for more information. Hope I will see some of you there.

For more of my work visit my page and like my facebook. And for any enquiries feel free to message me directly here.

Here just a small selection of shots from the last week.

Have a nice week and greetings from sunny Malta.

Moritz























No comments:

Post a Comment