Thursday 19 May 2011

Parkour/ freerun shoot

Another day another shoot...
yesterday I did another sports shoot, this time with freerunner Gary 'Surreal'. We were shooting around Greenwich at various spots including at the University where some of the shots below were taken.
Some of the jumps I was not only amazed on the distance he jumped but also at the accuracy. 
Unlike a lot of other sports, freerunning is quite hard to capture on photo as a lot of the moves are quick spins so we ended up taking some video as well as photos with the main focus on high and long jumps rather than flips and spins.
To get the images as sharp as possible with thos quick moves I had to focus on a set point and hope that I get the shot in time. Furthermore I had up to 3 flash around all set to high speed sync. so that I could shoot with a shutter speed between 1/200 and 1/320 and f5.6-f14 depending on my flash settings. On the high jump I had a lower flash so that I was able to get 2-3 shots/sec as that was one of the jumps he didn't want to repeat as often. However on the other shots I often used full flash power to make him stand out more.
Big thank you again to Gary for whom the shoot was just another day training...for me it was a new inside view of another sport...
The images are only edited in Lightroom.

Moritz





No comments:

Post a Comment