Wednesday 25 April 2012

Street Basketball

Hi,

Another rainy day in London, so got some time to catch up with showing some work from previous shoots. Today, will be showing you a few shots I took a few weeks ago (when it was still nice and warm and sunny) with model and athlete Katya.
We had the shoot planned for a day earlier but than postponed it as weather wasn't good. A day after, sunshine and we met up last minute to do the shoot. We wanted some urban edgy sport/ basketball shots and I wanted to use this location which I have seen a few years ago. I liked the cranes in the backdrop giving it a industrial look and it was quite isolated so no to many cars came by so we were able to shoot on the street.
Looking outside now, I cannot believe that this was actually just a few weeks ago, warm enough to shoot in t-shirt and now its back to warm jacket.
The shoot itself was fun though due to the speed often not easy to capture. I realised that its best to capture the ball when it is touching the hand otherwise it quickly looks like the ball is just falling down. I had 3 lights set up plus a strong sunlight which I took advantage of. So one light was from the front on her face, 1 from the side and the 3rd was pointed down at her legs so that they didn't disappear in the shadow.
For the last few shots without ball I used mainly the natural light though on a few shots I had a small flash as fill light.
Images have been edited in Lightroom but not been retouched.

Big thanks again to Katya for a fun shoot.

Should you have any enquiries for a shoot please visit my webpage or email me here. To know more about me and see what I am up to, follow my facebook.

Moritz










1 comment:

  1. Yes we were so lucky with the weather! :) Thank you Moritz for this nice shoot.

    ReplyDelete